About Me

Education, the knowledge society, the global market all connected through technology and cross-cultural communication skills are I am all about. I hope through this blog to both guide others and travel myself across disciplines, borders, theories, languages, and cultures in order to create connections to knowledge around the world. I teach at the University level in the areas of Business, Language, Communication, and Technology.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Am I being too picky?

My son is doing a review poster for his college level history course. In it, he has to take major events in American history and explain what the event was and why it happened.

Now, I have no complaints about his critical thinking skills. But he wrote the following:

New Netherlands stretched from the Delaware River Vally (Delaware was owned by the sweetish but later owned by the Dutch).

Both my husband and I thought that he should rewrite this, but my daughter and he did not see that there was even a problem.

What do you think? Do you think I'm being too picky? (just to warn you, if you do think I am, I DON'T).

No comments: