About Me

Education, the knowledge society, the global market all connected through technology and cross-cultural communication skills are I am all about. I hope through this blog to both guide others and travel myself across disciplines, borders, theories, languages, and cultures in order to create connections to knowledge around the world. I teach at the University level in the areas of Business, Language, Communication, and Technology.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Where I've been

The last few months I have not been posting much because I am finishing up my Ph.D. dissertation, along with teaching 3 different classes, and helping my daughter look for colleges and helping my son navigate his first regular year of college. This doesn't mean that I don't have a number of topics that I want to work on once I have finished the dissertation/Ph.d. process. Some of these include:

Pew's study on social media and health
Growing use of twitter among the 13-17 years old, a new trend?
New trends in technology
New models of education and the continued attack on the education profession
The role of editing in workplace writing and workplace ownership
What happens when training is ahead of technology and innovation?

In the meantime, you can follow me on twitter at comprof1. Hopefully this Ph.d. will be completed by the end of summer. Then on to job search! oh yeah!

No comments: