About Me

Education, the knowledge society, the global market all connected through technology and cross-cultural communication skills are I am all about. I hope through this blog to both guide others and travel myself across disciplines, borders, theories, languages, and cultures in order to create connections to knowledge around the world. I teach at the University level in the areas of Business, Language, Communication, and Technology.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Looking on the bright side

I am an optimist by nature. However, just like all humans, there are times when the pressures of living, studying, working, dealing with teenagers...get to me. And then I take stock of what is going on in the rest of the world and it puts things into perspective.

My cousins live in the Springfield, MA area and at least one's town got "walloped" (as she put it).

 

But they had no damage. We had baseball sized hail in our area (those storms turned into the tornados when they passed over the NY border into Massachusetts).

This video was taken right in Downtown Springfield (they were right near the basketball hall of fame...this is the major north/south interstate down to Hartford).



But my family and I came through unscathed. So I am concentrating on the fact that my son came through knee surgery fine, I have a part-time job next fall (I'd like a full-time job but part-time is good), my daughter has the chance to concentrate on dance and her school work (so it doesn't matter if she didn't get into the play she tried out for), and my husband still has a job.

No comments: