About Me

Education, the knowledge society, the global market all connected through technology and cross-cultural communication skills are I am all about. I hope through this blog to both guide others and travel myself across disciplines, borders, theories, languages, and cultures in order to create connections to knowledge around the world. I teach at the University level in the areas of Business, Language, Communication, and Technology.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Don't we live in a technological world?

I saw many stories about the loss of business due to the grounding of the European airlines, and thought, "Don't these businesses have ICT that they can use in lieu of sending people to face to face meetings?" Of course, this would not help the airlines, but other businesses should have the capacity to conduct video conferencing and/or online meetings through other technologies.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I hope to upload what I am working on for my dissertation in the next day or so. Teaching my son to drive, getting the kids to and from their activities, teaching 3 courses in two locations, writing my dissertation, and handling the logistics of continuing in my program means something has to give. Unfortunately, it's my blogging (and peace of mind...driving with a 16 year old who is convinced he knows EVERYTHING about driving, except perhaps keeping the car out of a ditch without mom's dulcet tones reminding him to look up!).

No comments: